Thursday, February 15, 2018
The Goshen Common Council will hold a public hearing at which users of the Goshen Sewer Utility, owners of property served or to be served by the Goshen Sewer Utility, and other interested persons may be heard concerning an ordinance to establish a schedule of rates and charges for services of the Goshen... more
Thursday, February 15, 2018
The Goshen Common Council will hold a public hearing at its regular meeting on March 20, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at which users of the Goshen Water Utility, owners of property served or to be served by the Goshen Water Utility, and other interested persons may be heard concerning an ordinance to establish... more
Friday, February 9, 2018
NOTE: The following is a message from the Michiana Area Council of Governments' Interurban Trolley: Due to the current weather conditions we are suspending service on the Interurban Trolley and Interurban Trolley ADA Access Service at 6 p.m. The Interurban Trolley and Interurban Trolley ADA... more
The City of Goshen Planning Department, Engineering Department, and Fire Departments have initiated regular plan review meetings (Technical Review) to review site plans prior to permitting. The intent of this meeting is to allow the developer to receive comments from each department, at one meeting. A project representative is not required to attend Technical Review, but attendance is recommended. Technical Review is not for preliminary proposals, which are reviewed through a separate pre-development meeting scheduled on an as-needed basis.
Contact Tracee Norton in Goshen Engineering with any questions at 574-534-2201 or email@example.com
1. Three (3) sets of Plans and Plan Review applications and required forms are submitted to the Planning Department three weeks prior to the Technical Review meeting (see Technical Review Calendar).
2. Plans must include a completed checklist indicating where required information is located in plan documents.
3. Planning Department keeps one set and routes remaining plan sets to the Engineering and Fire departments.
4. Plans are reviewed by each department and comments are prepared.
5. Staff from departments and project/development representative meets for Technical Review to review and discuss project. Written comments are provided to the applicant at the meeting.
6. If revisions are required, the applicant must provide 3 sets of amended plans to the Planning Department. Plans must be dated and contain revised notes and symbols.
7. The Planning Department will distribute amended plans to Fire and Engineering Departments. Each department will notify the Planning Department when approval is granted.
8. Once plans are approved a Zoning Clearance is issued by the Planning and Engineering Departments.
9. A Building Permit is issued by the Building Department once a proposed development has passed the Building Department’s Local Plan Review, a Zoning Clearance is issued, and zoning and building permit fees have been paid. The following plans are submitted to the Building to obtain a building permit:
10. Required inspections are conducted by Building Department, Stormwater Department, and the Planning Department prior to occupancy.
11. A Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is issued by the Building Department. A building may not be occupied or opened for business until a Certificate of Occupancy is issued.